WHAT TO WATCH FOR …
- Runny nose and red eyes
- Full-body rash
MEASLES CAN LEAD TO …
- Brain damage
HOW TO AVOID IT
Get your child two doses of the MMR shot:
- One at 12 – 15 months old
- One at 4 – 6 years old
Infants 6 – 11 months old should have one dose of the MMR shot before traveling to another country.
- Learn more from the CDC about Measles and the MMR vaccine.
- Infection prevention experts in our community offer their perspective.
- Check out the Oregon Health Authority’s interactive map of vaccination rates for K-12 schools.
WHERE TO GET VACCINATED
- Call your primary care provider. Don’t have a primary care provider? Visit our St. Charles website to learn more about our family care clinics in Bend, Redmond, Prineville, Sisters, Madras and La Pine.
- Call your county health department:
Measles cases reported by the year (as of Aug. 29, 2019)
2019 cases already far surpass previous years.
2019 cases displayed as of Aug. 29, 2019. Case count is preliminary and subject to change. Data is updated every Monday from the CDC.
2018 cases as of Dec. 29, 2018. Case count is preliminary and subject to change.
The large number of cases in 2014 was due to 23 measles outbreaks, including one large outbreak of 383 cases, occurring primarily among unvaccinated Amish communities in Ohio. Many of the cases in the U.S. in 2014 were associated with cases brought in from the Philippines, which experienced a large measles outbreak.
St. Charles Health System, Inc., headquartered in Bend, Ore., owns and operates St. Charles Bend, Madras, Prineville and Redmond. It also owns family care clinics in Bend, Madras, Prineville, Redmond, Sisters and La Pine. St. Charles is a private, not-for-profit Oregon corporation and is the largest employer in Central Oregon with more than 4,200 caregivers.